The Now page is a more dynamic about page, read about the /now page movement.
Last updated: January 2017
Here’s what I’m up to:
- Living in Bay Area, with wife and two daughters (5,4)
Working at Automattic mostly on a live chat app
Working on Twelves photo project
Aiming to read 25 books this year, see My Goodreads for latest
Continue running more, goal is to run another sub 2-hour half-marathon
Studying Spanish using Duolingo, supposedly 20% fluent.
Writing at mkaz.blog, more bloggy stuff, leaving this site for just tech
Podcasts – I listen to podcasts when running & commuting, my current list
- Exponent – Ben Thompson and James Allworth discuss tech deeply
- Freakonomics – Stephen Dubner looks at hidden side of everything
- Note to Self – Tech show for real people with Manoush Zomorodi
- Planet Money – NPR show explaining the economy
- Latino USA – NPR show with Latin focus
- LensWork – Brooks Jensen longest-running podcast on photography
- On Taking Pictures – Jeffrey Saddoris and Bill Wadman talk about photography
- The Candid Frame – Ibarionex Perello interviews photographers
Hardware and software I use:
- Computer: At home an iMac 5k Retina and on the road an older 15″ Macbook Pro, I prefer Linux but between work and Lightroom, might always need a Mac. A VirtualBox VM scratches the occasional itch.
Productivity: I primarily use Microsoft’s OneNote for writing, long term notes, see my article why it kicks ass. I use good old pen & paper for daily lists.
Phone: iPhone 6 due to previous iOS app work, I prefer Android but not enough to buy a new phone when the one I have works fine.
Digital Camera: Fuji X-Pro2 with their XF 23mm f/2 amazing camera, quality lenses, and weather resistant
Film Camera: Nikon FM2 but shooting less film after finishing 52 rolls project