The Now page is a dynamic about page, focusing on what I am doing now. Read about the /now page movement.
Last updated: January 2019
Here’s what I’m up to:
Living in Bay Area, with wife and two daughters (7, 6)
📚 Goal to read 25 books this year, see My Goodreads for latest, currently on-track.
📷 On Dec 23, 2018 I started posting a daily photo on my photography site, still going…
🎧 Podcasts – I listen to podcasts when running & driving around, my current list:
- Bill Simmons Podcast – Sports and Pop Culture
- Ringer NBA & Rewatchables Podcasts – Rewatchables discusses new classic movies like Silence of the Lambs, Heat, Point Break, …
- 99% Invisible – design thoughts for things we don’t normally think about.
- Revisionist History – Malcolm Gladwell reinterprets history.
- Broken Record – Malcom Gladwell and Rick Rubin talk about music.
- Song Exploder – Artists deep dive into a single song of theirs and all that went in to creating it.
- LensWork – Brooks Jensen longest-running podcast on photography, short thoughts on photography and art.
- Iterations – Jeffrey Saddoris short thoughts on photography and art.
Hardware and software I use:
Productivity: I recently switched to using vim-wiki for most everything. It is pretty amazing. I plan to write an article but want to get a few more months of usage.
Phone: Google Pixel 3, an amazing camera, er phone.
Digital Camera: Fuji X100F, its a fancy meatball. You can read my review of the Fuji X100S, the same gushing applies to this upgraded fourth version of the camera.
Film Camera: Nikon FM2 but shooting less film after finishing 52 rolls project