The Now page is a dynamic about page, focusing on what I am doing now. Read about the /now page movement.
Last updated: June 2020
Here’s what I’m up to:
Living in Bay Area, with wife and two daughters (9, 7)
📚 Goal to read 25 books this year, see My Goodreads for latest, currently on-track.
📷 Photography is in a fallow period, you can see my previous daily photos on my photography site
🎧 Podcasts – I listen to podcasts when running & driving around, my current list:
- Bill Simmons Podcast – Sports and Pop Culture
- Ringer NBA & Rewatchables Podcasts – Rewatchables discusses new classic movies like Silence of the Lambs, Heat, Point Break, …
- 99% Invisible – design thoughts for things we don’t normally think about.
- LensWork – Brooks Jensen longest-running podcast on photography, short thoughts on photography and art.
- Distributed – a podcast from Matt Mullenweg about remote work.
- Gutenberg Changelog – a podcast about the Gutenberg project for WordPress by Birgit Pauli-Haack and Mark Uraine.
Hardware and software I use:
Computer: My desktop is Dell XPS 8930 running Windows 10, I need to write up a setup post, but Windows 10 is now quite usable, which is shocking for me to say. I still use my System76 Meerkat as a mini-server.
Productivity: I recently switched to using Obsidian for most everything. It works with folders of markdown files, so a portable and flexible system open to various tools. Obsidian is pretty amazing, I plan to write an article but want to get a few more months of usage.
Phone: Google Pixel 3, an amazing camera, er phone.
Digital Camera: N/A
Film Camera: Nikon FM2, Contax G2, and Bronica ETRSi but haven’t been shooting much lately.