The Now page is a more dynamic about page, read about the /now page movement.
Last updated: March 2018
Here's what I'm up to:
- Living in Bay Area, with wife and two daughters (7, 5)
- Working at Automattic mostly on new core editor for WordPress, and machine learning
- Learning linocut and block printing
- Goal to read 25 books this year, see My Goodreads for latest, currently 3 books ahead
- Starting to running more, goal is to run a sub 2-hour half-marathon at Oktoberun on Oct 29, 2018
- Studying Spanish using Duolingo, supposedly 20% fluent.
- Podcasts – I listen to podcasts when running & driving around, my current list
- Freakonomics – Stephen Dubner looks at hidden side of everything
- Planet Money – the economy explained with stories and surprises (NPR)
- The Indicator – a daily short on one topic produced by The Planet Money team
- 99% Invisible – all the thought that goes into things we don't think about
- Revisionist History – Malcolm Gladwell reinterprets something from the past
- Latino USA – focused on Latino news and culture (NPR)
- Rough Translation – global stories that reflect familiar conversations (NPR)
- LensWork – Brooks Jensen longest-running podcast on photography
- On Taking Pictures – Jeffrey Saddoris and Bill Wadman talk about photography
- Bill Simmons Podcast – Sports and Pop Culture
- Ringer NBA & Rewatchables Podcasts – Rewatchables discusses new classic movies like Silence of the Lambs, Heat, Point Break, …
Hardware and software I use:
- Computer: My desktop is an iMac which I finally updated to High Sierra, meh. My laptop is a Dell XPS 13 Developer Edition running Ubuntu GNOME, see my review.
- Productivity: I primarily use Microsoft's OneNote for writing, long term notes, see my article why it kicks ass. I use good old pen & paper for daily lists.
- Phone: LG G6, a great flagship Android phone and cheaper than Samsungs
- Digital Camera: Panasonic GX85 with a 20mm f/1.7 lens. I downgraded to a micro four/thirds for a smaller kit.
- Film Camera: Nikon FM2 but shooting less film after finishing 52 rolls project