The Now page is a dynamic about page, it focuses on what I am doing now (or whenever last updated). Read more about the /now page idea created.
Last updated: June 2022
Here’s what I’m up to:
Living in Bay Area, with wife and two daughters (11, 9)
Working in R&D at Hatch, a consumer device company focused on rest and sleep.
🎙 I co-host a movie podcast with my friends, listen and subscribe at Reel DMC.
📚 My goal is to read 25 books a year, follow along on My Goodreads for my latest, and see if I’m currently on-track.
📷 Photography is in a fallow period, you can see my previous daily photos on my photography site
🎧 Podcasts – I listen to various podcasts when walking the dog, my current playlist:
- Bill Simmons Podcast – Sports and pop culture
- No Stupid Questions – Stephen Dubner and Angela Duckworth
- Plain English with Derek Thompson – General topics
- 99% Invisible – design thoughts for things we don’t normally think about.
- Sidedoor – Smithsonian museum
- The Internet of Things Podcast – Stacie Higginbothom and Kevin Toefle
- Gadget Lab – Wired magazine
- Ryen Russillo Podcast – Sports
- Book of Basketball 2.0 – Jackie MacMullan icons series is excellent!
Hardware and software I use:
Computer: With the new job I switched back to Apple, using an M1 Macbook Pro. It has been a few years sans Mac and I do say it is pretty nice to be back, though Linux still holds a place in my heart.
Work Tools: I’m doing less programming these days, a chance to play with hardware, prototyping with Raspberry Pi and various sensors and modules.
Productivity: I use Things 3 for todo, but most everything else is folders of markdown files.
Phone: Google Pixel 6
Digital Camera: Ricoh GR IIIx
Film Camera: I’m down to just the sturdy Nikon FM2, but haven’t been shooting much lately.